On March 22-24, all the seven SymbioCity pilot counties met in Diani – for three days of:
- Inspiration and exposure to innovative ideas
- Sharing of experiences between the pilot projects,
- Preparing for the next phase of developing urban solutions
- Coming together as a team
Invited were five working group members from each of the seven pilot counties, together with the technical ream from Council of Governors and SKL International.
During the three days, the participants were offered a program to discuss and absorb:
Urban Sustainability Review; experiences, remaining steps
- Recap on SCA process, where we are now in the pilots, what remains
- County presentations: The pilot location, challenges and opportunities
- Something we did during the process so far that we are proud of
- Networking: jointly identify topics that counties feel are important to talk about, e.g. ‘What’s keeping my town from developing in a sustainable way?’ sharing experiences and recommendations
Developing integrated urban solutions
- From vision to action: How to transform visions/goals/objectives into integrated and inclusive solutions, using SCA methodology
- Examples of integrated solutions (2-3 examples from different contexts)
- How proposals are developed, specifically in a way that promotes synergies, integration and sustainability.
Upcoming capacity development, quick wins and change project
During the three days, interviews were made with the individual Pilot Coordinators and brief stories put together on the findings so far. This and more will be published here once compiled.